Pages

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Pizza Night

Last night we had pizza night. At our house we love pizza...well at least The Pessimist and I do. The Optimist not so much but he will eat it. No ordinary pizza would do and I didn't want to heat up the house so we went for the grill. I have never grilled pizza before last night but I have to say it went really well. 


Again I really have to figure out how to take better pictures! Anyway this is a nice pepperoni pizza with mozzarella, basil, and sun dried tomatoes. This one was The Optimist's and I have to say, I had a bite, and it was very good. The grill made a very crunchy crust even though it was a pretty thick piece of bread. I use this recipe for the crust because it is made with self-rising flour and there is no rising time. Doing it this way allows for less work and planning.


For me, I made a pizza with basil pesto for the sauce, with heirloom grape and cherry tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes and mozzarella. This thing was the bomb. It was so good I can't even get started or I won't stop but the heirloom tomatoes were the best part. The CSA basket this week came with a bunch of basil in it so I whipped up the pesto while I was waiting for the grill to heat up. Fresh pesto is the best.

The Pessimist only likes cheese pizza and I think we have all seen a cheese pizza before so no photo's of that one but he did like them and actually ate two. Which says a lot. That guy is about to hit a major growth spurt because he eats about twice as much as he did a month ago!

Pages