Pages

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Gardening Greatness!

This garden of ours is kicking some buns and taking some names. Here are some of the okra that we have harvested. These guys are great grilled with a little olive oil and spicy seasoning! More on the seasonings later. I think I will do a whole post just on my favorite Penzeys spice blends.


This next one is a picture of our string beans...which I don't quite understand. We are doing something wrong but I'm just not sure what it is. They are all yellow and the leaves look weird but they are producing flowers and I did find one bean in there. I'm hoping they are just getting ready to get started. In the back left corner of this picture you can also see our cucumbers. Those guys are going crazy and we pretty much have cucumbers coming out of our ears!


This one has our squash, zucchini, and pepper plants. The squash is growing like crazy but is not really putting out that many squashes. The peppers I think will really get going soon but for right now we have a couple peppers on each plant. 


Finally, these are the tomato plants. They are growing like crazy. Plus they have tons of tomatoes on them but none of them are ripe yet. Now it's just a watering and waiting game.


Here are just a few of the vegetables that we have been able to harvest so far. They have all been delicious!


Pages